Friday, September 13, 2013

The Home of Golf (St. Andrews Part I)

   On the 4th of September I woke up sick. Bad timing, right? It was just a cold or virus, but I still felt poorly. It lasted the duration of our trip, but I managed to survive.
   Since I was feeling under the weather I stayed in our hotel room to rest while everyone else went out to tour York for the morning. (But I got to watch Netflix, so I think I had the better end of the deal.)

   Despite my illness, late morning we grabbed a train bound for St. Andrews, Scotland! The first game of golf was played in St. Andrews in the 1400s. Also, the beach is where the famous running scene in Chariots of Fire was filmed. It was also very cold.
 






   Since the sky always looked like rain was imminent, it gave St. Andrews a majestic & wild feel. It's amazing how the weather effects your view of a place. Later in our travels we had one day that was absolutely freezing, rainy, & miserable (more on that day later) which obviously colored our view of that place. But on this trip overall we were blessed with decent weather. I find it interesting how weather effects your mood & your view of a new region. 

No comments:

Post a Comment